Dr Pauline Joubert
Pauline encourages her patients to discuss their birthing preferences with her. Her obstetric interests include:
- vaginal deliveries
- vaginal twin deliveries when possible
- vaginal birth after Caesarean (VBAC)
- external cephalic version (ECV) for breech presentation
- instrumental vaginal deliveries and Caesarean sections
- “natural” Caesarean sections
- maternal assisted Caesarean sections
Pauline practices general gynaecology, which includes consulting on all gynaecological issues. She has a particular interest in the following areas:
- pre-conception counselling and initial management of infertility
- early pregnancy complications such as miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies
- colposcopy/abnormal Pap smears
- ovarian cysts
- post-menopausal bleeding.
Pauline provides fertility services in affiliation with Monash IVF, including:
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
Dr Melinda Heywood
Melinda’s obstetric interests include:
- vaginal deliveries
- instrumental vaginal deliveries
- gestational diabetes
- medical disorders in pregnancy
- twin pregnancies, including vaginal delivery where possible
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean (VBAC)
- Caesarean section
- external cephalic version (ECV) for breech presentation.
Her gynaecology interests include:
- early pregnancy complications, including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- recurrent miscarriage
- initial management of infertility
- ovarian cysts
- endometriosis and pelvic pain
- laparoscopic hysterectomy
- heavy or irregular bleeding
- postmenopausal bleeding
- management of abnormal cervical screening tests, including colposcopy, biopsy and treatment when required
- contraception, including the insertion of intrauterine contraceptive devices such as the Mirena, Kyleena and Implanon, and laparoscopic tubal ligation.
Both of our obstetricians have 3D/4D ultrasound machines capable of producing outstanding images of your growing baby. Ultrasound scans are usually done at every visit at no extra charge. We do still refer you to a specialist ultrasound practice for your nuchal translucency scan at approximately 12 weeks and your morphology scan at approximately 18 weeks.
See our gallery of ultrasound images for more examples.
In the interest of health, safety and quality patient care, Pauline and Melinda are not able to be on call all the time. They are usually on call for their own patients during the week and then share weekend calls with the following doctors:
- Dr Michaela Lee
- Dr Wai Lum Yip.
On occasion they will also take leave to attend conferences or to enjoy a holiday.
If you need to contact your doctor after hours, please page them. If they are not currently on call, the paging company will inform you how to contact the on-call doctor. You may also call The Wesley Hospital Labour Ward on 3232 7221 for obstetric issues or The Wesley Emergency Centre on 3232 7333 for gynaecology issues.
We are not a bulk-billing practice, so you will have out-of-pocket expenses if you see us. Please contact our practice staff for information about our fees. Payment is required at the time of your consultation. We prefer payment by EFTPOS or major credit cards.
Obstetrics is by nature an unpredictable profession. Being involved in our patients’ deliveries is important to us. As a result, appointments might sometimes need to be delayed or rescheduled. Feel free to contact us before leaving to travel to your appointment to check if we are running on time. We will do our best to keep you updated if there is a possibility your appointment might be delayed.